State Assessment Information
STAAR Assessment Calendar 20/21
Preparing for STAAR Testing
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) releases two types of test questions for the STAAR program — sample questions and test forms.
- Sample test questions are small subsets of test questions released from the STAAR test banks. These test questions may have been previously administered.
- A test form is a set of released test questions previously administered together to Texas students, which reflects the STAAR test blueprints.
STAAR online tutorials, practice tests, and operational assessments are available through the STAAR Online Testing Platform. The tutorials and practice tests are available to help students familiarize themselves with the online testing environment and embedded tools. Any students taking an online test are strongly encouraged to complete the tutorials and practice tests prior to taking the assessment.
The STAAR Online Testing Platform operates through a secure browser that must be installed on a desktop or tablet to access the tutorials.
2020–2021 Accommodation Resources
- Accessibility Features: These are procedures and materials that are allowed for any student who needs them.
- Designated Supports: These are locally-approved supports for students who meet eligibility criteria.
- Basic Transcribing
- Braille/Refreshable Braille
- Calculation Aids
- Content and Language Supports
- Content and Language Supports Guidelines
- Extra Time
- Individualized Structured Reminders
- Large Print
- Manipulating Test Materials
- Mathematics Manipulatives
- Oral/Signed Administration
- Spelling Assistance
- Supplemental Aids
- Parent Resource: Designated Supports Available for STAAR, STAAR Spanish, and TELPAS (PDF posted 10/7/20)
- Educator Guide to Accessibility within the STAAR Program (PDF posted 9/30/20)