#TeamCISD Families and Community,
I have been asked a couple of questions concerning my message about resuming school on April 6th and I would like to answer those questions and hopefully provide some clarification of the message as well.
April 6th was the date we set to resume school when we originally made the decision to close for two weeks following spring break. That date also corresponds with Governor Abbott’s current Executive Order that all schools be closed through midnight, April 3, 2020. However, Bosque County is currently still under a Local Disaster Declaration that was issued on March 19, 2020. That, along with the ever-changing COVID-19 situation means the final decision to resume school on April 6th will not be made until late next week.
Please understand, the decision to resume school or extend our closure is based on many factors, both known and unknown, as well as local, state and federal guidelines and mandates, but the number one decision-making factor is the health and safety of our #TeamCISD students, staff, families and community.
My intent is, as always, to provide you all with the most updated information possible and I apologize if my message caused confusion or concern. Thank you to those who have reached out to me and I hope this message provides clarity and answers any questions or concerns anyone else may have.
During this time of uncertainty, I want to be available to each of you to address your concerns and answer your questions. Please call or text me on my cell phone, 254-707-1503, email me, firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office, 254-675-1825. Thank you for your support, encouragement, flexibility and understanding. AB