The Clifton Elementary School fire alarm sounded at approximately 6:00 a.m. today, Friday, September 6, 2019. #TeamCISD Maintenance Director, Joe Adcock, along with Clifton police and volunteer fire department personnel, were dispatched to the school. They checked and cleared the building without finding a fire or any smoke and discovered the alarm was triggered by a faulty sensor in an air conditioning unit on top of the building. #TeamCISD's Tim Ernst is working on replacing the sensor and students and staff have begun their school day.
The safety and security of our students and staff is our top priority and no one would have been allowed in the building this morning if there was any danger of a fire or smoke inhalation. Thanks to everyone that helped out this morning, from the early morning alarm call to making adjustments with our #TeamCES students.
Questions, comments or concerns? Please contact me by phone, 254-675-1825, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you. AB